Running out of things to do in this summer heat? You're in luck! We have compiled our favorite list of things to do in West Lafayette before the fall semester begins. Don't worry- you still have time to fit it all in!
- Take advantage of local agriculture by visiting one of the three area Farmer's Markets! Check out https://www.lafayettefarmersmarket.com/ for dates and times.
- Feel like letting out your inner child? Visit Columbian Park! Here you can pet the animals at the free zoo, take in a Lafayette Aviators baseball game or hang out on the swingsets. Visit https://www.lafayette.in.gov/447/Columbian-Park for more details.
- Cool down at Prophetstown Aquatic Center where you can slide down a 30 ft tube slide or lounge on the lazy river. Details can be found at https://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2971.htm
- Indiana Beach is a nearby destination on Lake Shafer. Take in the roller coasters, enjoy the carnival food and have a blast in the water park. Tickets can be purchased online here: http://indianabeach.com/
- Speaking of Lake Shafer, enjoy your day on the water by renting wave runners, pontoons or deck boats here: http://www.lakeshaferboatrentals.com/
- Our favorite summer activity is getting a great sweat session at the Village West fitness center, followed by a relaxing afternoon at the Village West Pool!